If you want to keep your water heater running properly and to maximize its lifespan, you’ll need to do some regular maintenance. Here are some tips to help you maintain your water heater and keep it in good condition for years to come.
1. Check the Temperature Setting – You should check the temperature setting on your water heater to make sure it’s not set too high. To avoid scalding, the ideal temperature should be between 120-140 degrees Fahrenheit. By clicking here we get info about Cactus Plumbing And Air – Water Heater Replacement Gilbert
2. Inspect for Leaks – You should periodically inspect your water heater for any signs of leaks. If you find any, have them repaired as soon as possible to avoid further damage.
3. Flush the Tank – You should regularly flush the tank of your water heater to remove any sediment that has built up. This will help to improve the efficiency of your water heater and prevent clogs.
5. Inspect the Anode Rod – The anode rod is designed to attract corrosive elements and protect your water heater from corrosion. It should be inspected at least once a year and replaced if necessary.
6. Check the Heating Element – The heating element should be checked at least once a year to make sure it’s working properly. If it isn’t, it could lead to hot water being too hot or cold water being too cold.
7. Replace Your Heater – If your water heater is more than 10 years old, it’s probably time to replace it. Newer models are more energy-efficient and can help you save money on your energy bills.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your water heater is working properly and that it will last for many years to come. Taking the time to do regular maintenance on your water heater can help you save money in the long run and ensure that you always have hot water when you need it.